Tuesday 28 October 2014

#ChocCoinGate

Search for ChocCoinGate. Go on. I'll wait.

Did you know Cadbury made chocolate coins? I work for Cadbury World and I didn't.
(Maybe I'm just a remiss employee, but I don't think so).

Search for #choccoingate on Twitter to gauge public response to the news that Cadbury isn't making chocolate coins anymore, or look at Birmingham Updates' Facebook post and check out the comments.

Am I alone in thinking this is ridiculous? If your Christmas is ruined so easily, you should probably take a good hard look at how you celebrate Christmas.
This has been picked up on by several local and national newspapers including broadsheets. Is this news? A confectioner is discontinuing one (and not one of the iconic ones) of of it's hundred of product lines. Why is this national news?

People are strange.


EDIT: Yahoo have it about right, here.


Check out my Facebook page: www.facebook.com/curtisallenillustrator
And my Etsy shop: www.etsy.com/shop/capndred

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!