Wednesday 29 February 2012

Steampunk Drawing Update

Here's how it's looking so far!

CLICK!

Quite happy with how it's looking at the mo. Haven't been able to do much more on it but this is what I have so far!



Edit:
And now, I have a little bit more done on it.

CLICK AGAIN!

I'm trying something a little different with this. After laying down just a base colour for each person/thing in the picture, I'll then paint on a single layer that it ON TOP of the sketch layer.
I'm hoping this will:
a) Give it a more painterly style and
b) force me to make tougher decisions and tighten up my thinking while freeing up my style a little.

Also, I have mainly been listening to The Human Abstract (along with The Architects, Cancer Bats, and Abandon All Ships - yes - I'm in that sorta mood!).
The Human Abstract - Fusing metal with classical music in a novel way.

See here: Human Abstract – Antebellum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!