Tuesday 31 March 2015

Peek: User-Testing my website.

I have been using a new tool on my new website before I properly launch it.

It's called Peek: http://peek.usertesting.com/

The idea is, that you submit a website, and one of Peek's community of users will use your website for around 5 minutes, while recording their screen and voicing their thoughts out loud. Peek also has a couple of prompt questions to elicit useful responses from them. The idea is that you get real-world feedback about your website: how it looks, its usability, any issues with it, what stands out about it, etc.

Here's one of mine: CLICK

It has been massively useful for me, and surprisingly nail-biting, watching and hoping they like it, hoping they find the things I've put there. Even watching where the person's mouse moves to is useful. I can see when they seem a little lost about where to go next and tweak things to make it clearer. Watching the video and seeing my website with that heightened level of anticipation and hoping people find what I want makes it glaringly clear where my website needs tweaking, even before the users start talking.

I'm not being paid for this, but I would recommend running your own website through it at least once (you get three free goes a month) because just watching the video almost and knowing there's a fresh set of eyes behind it gaves me a whole new view of this website that I've become so familiar with since I set it up.

#useability #user #testing #website
Get a peek into your site's usability.

Follow me on Facebook: www.facebook.com/CurtisAllenIllustrator
And my Etsy shop: www.etsy.com/shop/capndred

And any other channels you want:

http://instagram.com/capndred/
http://capndred.tumblr.com/
www.curtisallen.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!