Friday 22 August 2014

Unconditional Love

I just read an article extolling unconditional love as a romantic ideal.
Am I alone in finding "unconditional love" to be a massive insult?

If you tell me that you love me unconditionally, I'm hearing that what I do, what I say, what I think, how I look, and the person I am are all irrelevant to you because I could change them all and you'd still love me.

If that's what you're saying then sod you. Go love a brick.

If you're going to love me, love me conditionally! Love me if I'm a person that deserves and earns your love. Love me because the things I do, the things I say, the things I think, the way I look, and the person I am make you love me.

Don't love me regardless of me.
Love me because I'm me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!